Current Open Positions
Advanced Practice Practitioner – PAC/APN
THERE IS CURRENTLY ONE (1) FULL-TIME VACANCY – ALL APPLICANTS MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Advanced Practitioner Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engages in clinical development of all members of the healthcare team. Requests opportunities to learn advanced professional practice techniques from senior healthcare team members. Seeks, accepts and utilizes performance feedback from peers, preceptors and unit/department Leaders as a learning opportunity and to improve practice.
- Communicates clearly, effectively, with all members of the health care team, both verbally and in documentation. Demonstrates critical thinking in all areas of professional practice. Learns to incorporate acceptable standards of professional practice as well as business unit and health system’s goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction. Cares for patients and self by supporting safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of patient care. Makes recommendations for the improvement of clinical care and the health of the workplace and welcomes and participates in change initiatives. Leads by investing and building healthy relationships among colleagues.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for continuous learning and identifies and creates a plan for the continuation of learning and development. Identifies patient and family needs for education and provides basic education to support the episode of care. Seeks professional development and involvement through membership in a professional organization and/or reading professional literature on a regular basis.
- Formulates a plan of care that considers individual patient needs and the protocols set forth by his/her supervising physician. Demonstrates initiative and seeks formal and informal opportunities to improve clinical practice. Seeks guidance and asks questions to continuously improve professional practice. Builds relationships with patient, families and colleagues. Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the workplace and seeks assistance. Professionally accepts assignments that gradually increase patient load and complexity.
- Possesses and understands the importance of setting priorities. Begins to serve as an engaged member of a team supporting colleagues in service to patients and families and may participate in task forces or other initiatives. Applies basic professional practice knowledge and skills appropriate for practice setting.
The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to patients dealing with urologic conditions.
Education: Certified PA or APN
Both inpatient and outpatient work required.
Some weekend call expected.
Urology experience a plus.
Operating Room experience a plus.
How To Apply: Interested individuals may submit a cover letter and CV to: Debbie Naillon at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 775-284-1600 Attn: Debbie Naillon.